- I ended up with 90 lifers!
- I should have learned some Spanish before the trip. Although many people there speak some English, it would have been helpful. Carlos tried to get by with Portuguese but there are many words that just aren't the same.
- Driving was OK because Carlos drove and he's used to driving in Portugal. The roads were potentially very dangerous, though.
- Monteverde was my favorite place, and the only place I think I could live in Costa Rica (everywhere else was way too hot).
- This trip rewired the birding circuits in my brain. For a week or two after I got home, my heart fluttered every time I saw a bird fly by, thinking it was a potential lifer. I saw Cardinals and Mourning Doves and our other common birds in a new light - they are pretty enough to be jungle birds. The trip also reminded me how fun it is to see lifers, so I am searching for them more at home now.
- I wish I had a week at each location instead of a week total. I wish I had seen a tiger heron and a motmot and a tapir. I wish I'd gone on a mangrove tour. I can't wait to go back someday.
Made some tweaks to my plan thanks to the comments!
Here are the steps from the site &my planned implementation.
So! Now you have permission to bug me and ask me if I have been building my habit or if Ihave really been so lazy I couldn't even put on exercise clothes and walk to the basement.
Posted via LiveJournal app for iPhone.